I just bought a Nokia E72, and like most of the people, when I came to know that the firmware has updates, I tried updating the phone software. As given in the manual, I tried installing Nokia PC suite which asked me to install Nokia Software updater in order to update the phone software from PC.
But when I tried connecting my device with my PC, though it connected in USB mode, but it kept asking to connect the device in PC Suite mode, while my Nokia phone was in PC Suite mode only. I tried connecting disconnecting multiple times, but with the same result. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit operating system. I do not know if that is causing an issue with the Nokia PC suite. I tried Googling but there was not much help available.
Then I accidentally landed on the, Nokia.co.in support page to check for software updates for my PC software. I thought if there were some issue with the software then they (Nokia guys) might have fixed it in new releases. But I found that I already have the latest software.
Then I found a short tip mentioned there which described the process of updating the phone software from the phone itself, while the actual software updater asks to use PC updater to update the phone software. It is very simple as given below:
- Key *#0000# into your phone’s home screen.
- Select Options > Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until your update is complete!
And that is it. I tried it and it worked. My PC still does not recognize the PC suite mode of the device, but now I do not have any urgent need to do that. They might fix it in near future, but untill then I can update my phone software without it .
Search the site
- Working with Access-Control-Allow-Origin
- Connecting Sony K750 with Windows 7
- Updating Nokia E72 phone software
- Installing Skype on Fedora 14
- Using AjaxHelper for pagination in CakePHP 1.3
- Apache Keep Alive Directive
- Setting include path for a domain in Plesk
- Displaying UTF characters in the FPDF
- Merge the remote changes before pushing again : Git Message
- ~ Elance ID – App_Services
"Its a real pleasure to get to write this review.. Truth is we kept adding and adding and adding to this project and Rajendra should have gotten 3 or 4 of these reviews by now. I can say with 100% honesty that if your looking for a stress free experience then this is the provider to use. His English is great, and there are none of the "miss-communications" that are known to happen with providers outside the USA. Although there are other providers that are less per hour, I have tried them... and I have seen first hand over billing or very inefficient work. However with this provider, the work is done fast, and its done right (the first time). This provider has been the best coder I have used on Elance, bar none. Thanks Rajendra for doing such a great job, I wish you the best in"
- Read more testimonials »
What's the little bird saying?
- New post: Fix Error 0×80070424 on windows http://t.co/bmK0AZpH 246 days ago
- New post: Configuring Horder Vacation Responder in Plesk 9 http://t.co/gcsPNIVv 269 days ago
- New post: Wordpress update issue on Plesk http://t.co/dUxcjpgR 274 days ago
- I’ve just taken the WordPress 2012 User and Developer Survey, have you? http://t.co/G20SmrMr (pass it on!) 301 days ago
- New post: Mobile device emulators to test web page display http://t.co/jmgc0x99 310 days ago