Most of us work with WordPress and while working we use the handy auto update feature in the admin panel to update the WordPress plug-ins and core. On Plesk control panel, sometimes it asks for FTP access details to write the files on the server. This could be quite irritating to input the same FTP details again and again.
One reason that I found causing this permission issue is – PHP running as Apache module. When new Plesk Account is created, PHP can be configured to run as Apache Module or FastCGI. The default is set to Apache Module and most of the time we do not need to change this. But if you are using WordPress on the Plesk control panel then remember to use PHP as FastCGI module to avoid above permissions issue. Now WordPress does not ask you FTP access details every time you want to update the WordPress from Admin panel.
Search the site
- Working with Access-Control-Allow-Origin
- Connecting Sony K750 with Windows 7
- Updating Nokia E72 phone software
- Installing Skype on Fedora 14
- Using AjaxHelper for pagination in CakePHP 1.3
- Apache Keep Alive Directive
- Setting include path for a domain in Plesk
- Displaying UTF characters in the FPDF
- Merge the remote changes before pushing again : Git Message
- ~ Elance ID – ingariza
"This is the first time I used Elance, and I was blessed having Nirvaat as my provider, very professional, pro-active, great communication , on-time delivery, solve every problem I had. I recommend Nirvaat if you want your job on time, with quality and great support. Thanks"
- Read more testimonials »
What's the little bird saying?
- New post: Fix Error 0×80070424 on windows http://t.co/bmK0AZpH 169 days ago
- New post: Configuring Horder Vacation Responder in Plesk 9 http://t.co/gcsPNIVv 193 days ago
- New post: Wordpress update issue on Plesk http://t.co/dUxcjpgR 198 days ago
- I’ve just taken the WordPress 2012 User and Developer Survey, have you? http://t.co/G20SmrMr (pass it on!) 225 days ago
- New post: Mobile device emulators to test web page display http://t.co/jmgc0x99 234 days ago