I had a old Sony Ericsson phone working great for me since long. Recently I upgraded my PC with new Windows 7 professional. I usually does not need to connect my PC with phone as I use the phone primarily for calling and texting only. But recently I bought a new Android mobile and wanted to transfer my contacts in the old Sony K750i to the new phone. And to my surprise when I tried installing the Sony Ericsson PC suite, that refused to install on Windows7, as it works only on Windows XP.
Then the first thought came to my mind that I should get latest Sony PC Suite software, that should work with Windows 7. I downloaded the Sony Ericsson PC Suite 6.x from cnet.com and installed it successfully. After installation it automatically upgraded itself to Sony PC Companion.
Then came another surprise – when I tried to connect my phone using this software – it failed to recognize the phone. Does Sony stopped support to K750 phones? And what would I do with my working phone?
Now there are two choices for me either I should look for another windows XP system, install the PC suite there and get the data synchronized. OR get another third party tool which can help me connect my phone with my PC.
After Googling about this I found a nice piece of software named “MyPhoneExplorer”. It is a small software of just 4.7 MB in size, installed like a breeze. Although it asks for some supported adware software installation, which you should take care to deselect when installing this. OR you can remove them separately after installation finishes; through Control panel “Programs and Features” section.
It connected to my phone quite easily and voila all data like – Phonebook (including SIM contacts and phone contacts in two separate lists), Messages, Calendar, Notes all synchronized in one go, in just few seconds.
I found this quite useful, if you know of any other better software then please do share in comments. So that anyone facing the issue like me get the benefit.
Search the site
- Working with Access-Control-Allow-Origin
- Connecting Sony K750 with Windows 7
- Updating Nokia E72 phone software
- Installing Skype on Fedora 14
- Using AjaxHelper for pagination in CakePHP 1.3
- Apache Keep Alive Directive
- Setting include path for a domain in Plesk
- Displaying UTF characters in the FPDF
- Merge the remote changes before pushing again : Git Message
- ~ Elance ID – App_Services
"Its a real pleasure to get to write this review.. Truth is we kept adding and adding and adding to this project and Rajendra should have gotten 3 or 4 of these reviews by now. I can say with 100% honesty that if your looking for a stress free experience then this is the provider to use. His English is great, and there are none of the "miss-communications" that are known to happen with providers outside the USA. Although there are other providers that are less per hour, I have tried them... and I have seen first hand over billing or very inefficient work. However with this provider, the work is done fast, and its done right (the first time). This provider has been the best coder I have used on Elance, bar none. Thanks Rajendra for doing such a great job, I wish you the best in"
- Read more testimonials »
What's the little bird saying?
- New post: Fix Error 0×80070424 on windows http://t.co/bmK0AZpH 252 days ago
- New post: Configuring Horder Vacation Responder in Plesk 9 http://t.co/gcsPNIVv 275 days ago
- New post: Wordpress update issue on Plesk http://t.co/dUxcjpgR 280 days ago
- I’ve just taken the WordPress 2012 User and Developer Survey, have you? http://t.co/G20SmrMr (pass it on!) 307 days ago
- New post: Mobile device emulators to test web page display http://t.co/jmgc0x99 316 days ago